Turn a summer dress into a winter skirt by putting on a complementing pullover or cardigan or layer your cotton and floral tops with cardigans and plain jackets to winterise your summer wardrobe, says an expert.
Tips on how to make your summer wardrobe useful in the winter season.
* Layer up: You don’t have to stash away those floral and cotton outfits. Layer these up with a plain jacket or blazer to add some fun to your winter wardrobe. You can also pair summer shorts with stockings for a chic look.
* Clever combos: Turn a summer dress into a winter skirt by putting on a complementing pullover or cardigan. Pair this ensemble with some high boots and you have yourself a nice and cosy yet stylish wintry look.
* Maximize that maxi: Typically considered summer clothing, maxi dresses work beautifully during winter as well. They keep your legs covered and if worn with a nice wool shrug and boots, they can also do a wonderful job of keeping you totally snug.
* Turtleneck tricks: Invest in a high-quality turtleneck or two. Keep the colours solid and neutral. Opt for black, brown, beige and grey. You can work a turtleneck in brilliant ways with almost any kind of summer apparel and give it a wintry look. Turtlenecks with shift dresses or skirts instantly add a dash of oomph to your outfit.
* Palazzo panache: If you thought your summery palazzos in bright patterns would be hard to pull off in the cold months, think again! With a well-fitted jacket in grey or black and ankle-length boots, turn your summer pants into a perfect winter ensemble.