For Independence Day, when people from different parts of the country come together to celebrate the spirit of unity, try to flaunt a different you by opting for eye make-up in the tricolour.
Aakriti Kochar, make-up and beauty expert of Oriflame India, has shared exciting ways to flaunt the colours of the Indian flag. Here’s how you can go about it:
* Look 1
– Prep your eyes with a little concealer and powder it to bring out the colours and make them stay longer without creasing or smudging.
– Take matte orange eye shadow and dab on the inner one-third part of the eye lid. Make sure the quantity is enough to brighten the orange tone.
– Next, dab matte green eye shadow on the outer one-third portion of the eye lid, going up till the crease. Blend the edges on the crease; do not leave a harsh line.
– Add white eye shadow to the centre of the eye lid. This completes the tricolour flag, as well as highlights the centre of eye lid, eventually making the eyes look bigger.
– Add some highlighter to the arch of the eyebrow. Later, soften the edges of the colours using a fluffy brush. This way, all the colours will show gradual gradation.
– To add definition to the eyes, use eyeliner and mascara. Defining the eyebrows will complete the eye make-up — use an eyebrow pencil or a dark brown eye shadow with an angular brush.
* Look 2:
– To carry the Indian flag in a different style, wear the colours how you normally wear eye make-up.
– Contour the eyes using a green/emerald eye shadow softly blended all through the crease.
– Add orange to the eye lid, perfectly blending with the edges of green eye shadow.
– Add a dash of the green eye shadow to the lower eye lid.
– Add hints of white at the arch of the eyebrow, inner corner of the eyes. This helps brighten up the eyes and look bigger as well.
– Apart from completing the tricolour look; this also makes your eyes look bigger and brighter.
– Define the eyes with an eye liner extend outwards to lift the eyes.
– Add eye kohl/ kajal to the water line and finish with lots of mascara to the lashes. Remember to always curl your lashes before applying mascara for a better finish.
– Groom your brows with an angular brush using a dark brown eye shadow.