Teaming the perfect footwear with different ensembles is an important part of dressing right. So own a variety of black pumps and ankle-strap sandals, which can add to the chic factor to your wardrobe, says an expert.
Here are five types of essential shoes shared by Bhavya Chawla, senior stylist, Voonik.com, a free online personal stylist that helps people dress well within their budget:
* Black pumps: Black Pumps add a stylish edge to any of your clothing styles — From workwear little black dresses to cocktail dresses or even to a pair of jeans. So, if you can have only one pair of high heels in your closet, then these indispensable black pumps have to be the top choice for your footwear collection. A quick tip here is if your legs are slim, then opt for a slimmer style of black pumps with a sleeker heel, whilst if your legs are on the muscular or heavier side, then you should go for a slightly thicker or chunkier heel.
* Ankle-strap sandals: It is basic, minimalist yet irresistibly chic. The straps are positioned on or above the ankle bone, making the legs look sexy and there is free movement of air making it really comfortable during the heat. Materials trending are patent, suede and even jute. Some of these are embellished with studs and rivets. These sandals look best when worn over well-manicured feet and painted nails.
* Sleek ankle boots: Sleek ankle boots can give you an edgy, rockstar look. The ankle boot can be worn with dresses, skirts, pants, tights, and shorts making it versatile hence, a wardrobe staple. However, it is very important to style them in a swanky way. The length and silhouette of the clothing plays a big role in making or breaking your look. Short, fitted dresses and skirts to skinny jeans and jeggings are your best bet.
* Ballet flats: Slim-shaped ballets with a slight point in self textures and tassels are popular this season along with the sporty espadrilles (a light canvas shoe with a plaited fibre sole). With the ballet shoes, a woman on the go can maintain her sense of style while staying comfortable. On the whole, this footwear is a woman’s most sought after style.
* Metallic heels: Silvers, golds, and metallics are a dazzling way to set your feet apart from the rest of the crowd. Whether you are heading out for a big night, or you’re just doing a girl’s brunch party, you’re sure to attract tons of envious eyes with the metallics. A sure winner is a pair of subtle gold or silver that will take you from the night to the day. Shimmery textures are big this season from golden to green shimmer are all there.